torsdag 24. september 2009

Introduction seminar on the Manor

Hi there,

This week has so far been very fun and interesting. I haven’t been in Stranda. Instead I've been in Sarpsborg, at the Borregaard Manor (Borregaard Hovedgård), for a 3 day introduction seminar for new employees in Stabburet. Perhaps I’m not the newest member of the Stabburet-family (with my 7 months on the job...) but it was anyway a great opportunity to get to know more people within the company.

Borregaard Manor is in many ways an interesting place. It was the living place for the early norwegian Viking kings and it was here the company Borregaard was founded in 19th century (which today is a major company within Orkla). The Manor is today a very nice conference center.

This day has so far been a very efficient day at the headquarter. When I arrived this morning it was a shock to see my inbox. It’s incredible how many mails that you get on only 3 days. However, I’ve had time to clean up the mess and to do some serious work on my projects.

Tomorrow I’m heading down to Sarpsborg again. Not to visit the Manor but to visit Borregaard’s (huge) plant in order to exchange experience on the field of purchasing. It will be very interesting!